It only took eight hours, four stops, two sick kids (one of which was sick all over the floor of a public rest stop) and a busted windshield wiper -- but we made it! I've decided to blog our eight week journey in an effort to stay connected with friends and family back home, as well as have something concrete for my kids to look back at. I already miss my house back home, or maybe more the familiarity of it, but am determined to make this experience the best it can be!
Our unit is great and everyone is settling in well. Sam has already introduced himself to the staff and has become quite friendly with 'Rosa' (an older Italian lady) who works down in the foyer. I love the way that children can really brighten up someone's day. Even after being here only a short time, Rosa looks for my kids and makes sure to pay special attention to them. She's never too busy to talk about jewels and treasures with Sam or repeat the word 'hi' with Anna. I feel as though she will become very special to us in the weeks ahead.
I have purposed in my heart that this time away will be a time of complete dedication to my God, my husband and my children. It is such a unique blessing to not have to worry about the regular obligations I have, I am free to invest in the things that matter the most to me. That's the reason I've decided to name the blog 'trust and obey'. I sing that song every night to my children and pray that, if nothing else, they come to a genuine faith in Christ and that they will trust Him with their lives.
I'll post pictures once Tim shows me how to do it!!
We sing that song at our house every night too - There is no other way to be happy in Jesus - but to trust and obey!
ReplyDeleteYou have a great attitude - probably cause you're a great Mum - one of the many wonderful attributes that your children will rise up to call you blessed!